We’ve been busy beavers. Here is a quick roundup of what’s new and the latest updates for your Kayako helpdesk.
More frequent, smaller updates
You might have noticed that there has been a number of smaller, bug fix and small improvement updates lately. This is part of a new, regular update cycle of smaller and more frequent updates, designed to get the latest fixes out of patch status and to you sooner.
We’re aiming to make two maintenance updates a month, alongside bigger feature releases.
Kayako Download customers: although we always recommend keeping your helpdesk up to date, you don’t need to update your helpdesk on every single release. When you update is up to you – the automatic upgrade tool handles the ‘catch up’ for you.
More than 100 fixes and improvements
Since May, we’ve rolled out more than 100 of the latest bug fixes and improvements including new security features, usability improvements and improvements to SLA and ticket workflow.
Alongside the latest security fixes, we have added clickjacking prevention and extended the cross-site request forgery protection throughout more areas of the helpdesk. Your customers, team and helpdesk are as secure as ever.
SLA and ticket workflow improvements
In the last update, we introduced a number of small but useful improvements to your ticket workflow, particularly around SLA and reply and resolutions targets. Some of these are:
- Reply due deadline reapplied on staff reply even if it was cleared to begin with (SWIFT-3333)
- Reply due deadline reset on closed tickets when staff make changes in the edit tab (SWIFT-3212)
- Reply due deadline reset when a follow up is scheduled (SWIFT-3151)
- SLA plans not automatically applied when a new ticket is created by staff from the control panel (SWIFT-2943)
- Reply due and resolution due deadlines not cleared if ticket is marked as resolved by an email parser rule (SWIFT-2940)
- Reply due deadline reset on each consecutive reply by staff, rather than just the first (SWIFT-2769)
Get the update
Kayako 4.56 is available now. Kayako OnDemand customers will be updated in the coming week. Kayako Download customers can find their updated product files at my.kayako.com under My Orders.
We are working on a more streamlined way of enabling you to keep up to date. Until then, keep an eye on the blog, the what’s new? page and the Kayako newsletter.
Oops, we almost forgot…
We are working on something else that’s cool:
Check out what’s running on my.kayako.com and stay tuned for more!