Kayako customer and community developer ZystemsK has released a free, new and comprehensive module that enables big-screen helpdesk monitoring for Kayako SupportSuite and eSupport. The primary purpose of it is to display a list of open and pending tickets on a large screen in a support office environment.
Although the ticket queue display is usable out-of-the-box (shown above), it can be restyled to your tastes using CSS. Adhering to SWIFT’s (Kayako’s software framework) modular design framework, settings and configuration adjustments can be made via the administrator control panel where you can adjust ticket filters, department rotation options and configure what ticket information is to be displayed in the list.
Installation is very simple and creating your first queue display requires only minor adjustments to some of the module’s files. For more information, see the release thread.
- Added columns (and respective settings) for Staff Name, Group/Company, and Department.
- Tweaked the layout of columns and the display of Last Activity and Due Time to be a little easier on the eye (my eye, at least).
- Added an option in Settings to restrict the ticket list to departments for which the logged-in staff user is assigned.
- Changed the way department rotation works, so that multiple departments can be selected even when rotation is not active. This gives you a nicely combined list, filtered for ‘allowed’ departments.
- Changed the sort order so that oldest tickets are at the top, and therefore more demanding of attention.
Matthew’s version of the module can be found here.